Since I like to eat both asparagus and strawberries, I'm always happy when the asparagus and strawberry times coincide and I can prepare a delicious green asparagus-strawberry-salad.
The Green Asparagus-strawberry-salad can be served as a starter, a side dish or main course (see variations below).
First of all, the basic recipe for preparing the asparagus-strawberry-salad:
Green Asparagus Strawberry Salad
- 200 g Green asparagus
- 150 g Strawberries
- 1 EL Linseed oil
- 1 EL Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the green asparagus, remove the woody ends and cut the green asparagus into small pieces
- Fry the asparagus in a pan for about 5-10 minutes
- In the meantime, wash the strawberries, remove the stem and also cut the strawberries into small pieces
- For the dressing, mix linseed oil, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and season to taste. Possibly add some water (approx. 1/2 tbsp).
- As soon as the asparagus is cooked, mix the asparagus with the strawberries and the dressing in a bowl and arrange the salad on the plate
If you not only want to prepare the asparagus and strawberry salad as a starter or side dish, but also want to enjoy it as a main course, you can add the following ingredients:
Variation 1: Green Asparagus Strawberry Salad with white beans
For this variation simply add 100 g canned white beans to the salad. The preparation steps are otherwise exactly the same as above:
Variation 2: Green Asparagus Strawberry Salad with goat cheese thalers
If you like goat cheese, you can fry two or more goat cheese thalers in a pan and put them on the ready-made salad:
I wish you lots of fun trying out and cooking the recipe.
Please leave me a comment on how you liked the Green Asparagus Strawberry Salad.