One of my absolute favorite recipes is the sweet potato curry recipe with maize and beans - it consists of only few ingredients, is quick and easy to prepare and just tastes super delicious. And it brings a touch of Mexican cuisine to your home 🙂
Here is the recipe for preparing the sweet potato curry with maize and kidney beans:
Sweet potato curry with maize and kidney beans
- 200 g Sweet potato
- 75 g maize
- 75 g kidney beans
- 200 g chunky tomatoes (half a can of chunky tomatoes)
- 1/2 onion (if desired)
- 1/2 Zehe garlic (if desired)
- salt, pepper, chili (if desired)
- Peel the sweet potato and then cut it into small pieces
- If applicable peel and cut the onion and the garlic
- If applicable fry the onion and the garlic shortly in a pan
- Add the sweet potato, cover the pieces with some water and simmer it gently in the pan for 10-15 minutes at medium heat
- Add the maize, the kidney beans and the chunky tomatoes and simmer it gently in the pan for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and, if desired, some chili
I wish you lots of fun trying out and cooking the recipe.
Please leave me a comment on how you liked the Sweet potato curry recipe with maize and kidney beans.